I’ve just released version 2.1 of Songbee. There’s a lot of clean-ups and fixes, and it adds support for choosing Bible verses from different versions, multilingual worship, and automatic updating. If you’re currently using Songbee, I really urge you to get this update. If you’re not currently using it, and you’re involved in a Japanese church, check it out. Read more about Songbee 2.1 released
For all your worship-time projection needs, see Songbee. It's getting better and better, and this version puts it on a footing where it can expand and grow in interesting areas - not just including displaying songs but also Bible verses, web pages, and so on.
I got a lot done today; lots of wedding prep, flight prep, and an awful lot of programming. Unfortunately, I don't have much to show for the programming.
People using Songbee - by the way, please email me, so I know that there actually are some - particularly those using Songbee on Windows, should upgrade to version 1.1, released today. Get it at the usual place. It fixes a few display issues with furigana, and it also gives you a search bar that you can actually see, rather than having to just stab wildly at.
I've been feeling like a compete sloth this week and not getting very much done, but today I managed to do a great deal of work, and am happy to announce the 1.0 release of Songbee. There's an awful lot changed since the 0.1 alpha, including:
So today I've been doing work on Songbee, amongst other things; one of the areas I've been looking at is whether or not the Japanese localization of it works properly. It certainly doesn't on Mac OS X. Even if you select Japanese as your preferred language in Mac's System Preferences, the Songbee interface comes up in English. This is counter-intuitive, and means it doesn't work like any other OS X application.
Yep, we're pretty much ready, at least for an alpha. There are a few things that need to be fixed, but now I think is the time for people to kick the tires of it.