This is a talk we gave at a midweek meeting in Devon. They gave us an hour and a half. We chose to split it into three sections, and used the middle section to introduce two of our friends - one non-Christian and one Christian. We showed photos of them and told their stories, then encouraged people to think about how to get from one to the other. The idea was to put more of a human face on our work.
First 30 minutes
- Intro to each of us
- Intro to our involvement with Japan and our mission agency
- Intro to our field team in Japan
- Intro to our two friends
- Some discussion on how we reach people in Japan
- Prayer generally for people to become Christians in Japan
- Intro to and the state of church planting in Japan more prayer points for the country and/or for people we know.
- Prayer for above
- What we’re doing back in the UK.